Saturday, July 2, 2011

Fun with craigslist

I've had some stuff to get off of my hands lately so I've had the chance to write some legitimate posts on craigslist that don't involve trolling. After the jump I'll show how you too can turn words and internet into money.

First I put out a curb alert to get rid of some moving leftovers:


THE MOTHER OF ALL CURB ALERTS (Midtown)


Date: 2011-06-19, 7:08PM CDT
Reply to: sale-nqfnp-2450372634@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


HEY THERE HULKAMANIACS

Bring your wide bed truck, your mother's permission and a thirst for knick knacks because this curb sale will BLOW YOUR MIND - We've got microwaves, desks, computer monitors, ladders, skateboards, things with other things glued to them, a lazy susan, bikes, planes trains and automobiles, tvs, lights, my dignity, a chair, a sofa and MUCH MUCH MORE

You might be saying to yourself, 'Well how am I to find this wonderful shangri-la with treasures as far as the eye can see?' and all you have to do brother is type '(address)' into your maps.google.com box and shazzam, you have a treasure map printing to your one stop Sunday shop. Did you forget dad this fathers day? GIVE HIM SOME OF MY WEIRD SH*T

Got some pets that are bored because you're too busy keeping up with the Jones' to play with them? You're a horrible person, but hey get some of these free cat and dog toys and help your furry friend fill the void with my snuggly objects. SUPPLIES WONT LAST there are other enterprising indiana jones like dudes/dudettes going to be rolling by here to get my new hotness on this lawn so you better bring your attitude and prepare to wrassle with the finest hoarders this side of the Mississip'.

Seriously get down here and take my crap. Thank you for your time

  • Location: Midtown
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

***

As it turns out, this worked out really well. I got several really positive emails and the next day literally everything was gone including most of the trash, which had been opened and sorted and scattered. That part kind of sucked. 

Today, I've got a spare dryer to get rid of:


+3 BOX of HEATING - $100 (Mid-Kingdom)


Date: 2011-07-02, 7:11PM CDT
Reply to: sale-gxtq8-2474755788@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]


Ho there! You are viewing the scroll for the +3 BOX of HEATING!

Verily, this is a rare drop from WhirlePoole that is electrically aligned with a three pronged tail. Be aware that if it is the gas variety that thou dost seek you shall be dissatisfied and I will not want to hear that noise in a fortnight. It hath performed well thus far in imbuing my tunics and pantaloons with the power of the sun. 'Tis only five seasons old by my reckoning and performs its duties just as well within the light of a full moon, unlike my other listing -2 Cursed Werebox. I asketh only 100 gold coins (and I mean dollar bills, don't be cute unless you have 100 of those gold dollars lying around. I want real money son that pays the bills) and for this small sum you will inherit a relic that shall surely keep you all of your days.

Come equipped with a truck for thou wilt be required to saddle it by ye self

  • Location: Mid-Kingdom
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0image 1


  ***

I heard that thing banging around in the garage earlier. Guess I better go put another ward seal on it, deuces



Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

Subscribe to Post Comments [Atom]

Links to this post:

Create a Link

<< Home